Friday, September 01, 2006
Labor Day 2006
AFL-CIO. Labor Day 2006.
This Labor Day, unions are making a real difference in people’s lives.
* We’re standing up to raise the minimum wage and fighting for more corporate accountability, such as limits on CEO pay and lavish pensions.
* We’re working for fair trade laws to hold nations accountable when they violate workers’ rights.
* We’re championing laws to make workplaces safer, such as improvements in mine safety following the Sago coal mine tragedy.
* This fall, we're going to launch the most ambitious, sophisticated voter education and mobilization program we've ever run to take back our government for America's workers.
* Working America—the AFL-CIO’s community affiliate for workers who don’t have a union—opened seven new offices this year, bringing in about 200,000 new members a month this summer. Working America now has 1.5 million members.
at 1:01 AM