Thursday, March 20, 2008
Locked Out of Your Library in the Greater Victoria Capital Region District
Library Workers in the Greater Victoria Capital Region District, represented by CUPE Local 410, have been without a collective agreement for well over a year (444 days).The have been 32 days: locked out of the workplace with no salaries or benefits.
How to help:
* Visit overduepromise.ca and send an email to your municipal council.
* Visit the picket lines and give us your support.
* Write a letter to the editor of your newspaper.
* Call, email, or write your municipal politicians.
* Attend a meeting of your municipal council and express your concerns.
* Call a radio talk show during open segments and express your opinion on the air.
--Photo Courtesy of Brian Burgar
at 6:38 AM