Friday, March 04, 2011
Holt Labor Library Re-Opens
Message from David Walters, director of the Holt Labor Library.
The Holt Labor Library has re-opened. Closed for a period of almost 2 years due to the capitalist financial crisis, funding for the library re-opening has been secured.
4444 Geary Blvd., Suite 207, San Francisco, CA 94118
Hours are from 9AM through 4PM, Monday through Friday. Special arrangements outside of these times can be arranged upon request with the Director. Closed on major holidays and May Day.
The Holt Labor Library was established in 1992 to provide a working library for labor and progressive studies accessible to the general public. Our collections and services are geared to labor and community activists as well as to students, researchers and anyone else interested in our materials. Because a significant part of our collection consists of out-of-print and hard to find materials, items do not circulate. The holdings of the Holt Labor Library include:
* Many donations from the estates of ex-members of the SWP
* 4500 books - labor and socialist history, freedom struggles, Marxist theory (with emphasis on Trotskyism), and much more
* 3000 pamphlets, plus flyers and brochures, in our vertical files
* 80 current subscriptions to labor and left periodicals
* 350 videos & DVDs - including movies and documentaries
* 300 audio tapes & CDs of speeches and classes by socialist and labor activists
* Bulletins and papers documenting socialist history in the United
* Posters, political and trade-union buttons, and other ephemera
* Personal archives from the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, Anti-Vietnam War organizations, Teamsters for a Democratic Union, Committee to Aid the Monroe Defendants, and others.
* Historic socialist and labor newspapers
david [ at]hll.org
Holt Labor Library
4444 Geary Blvd., Suite 207, San Francisco, CA 94118 415.387.5700
at 7:35 AM